Friday 21 October 2011

Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me use punctuation with Siri

Dear Aunt TUAW,

I've had an iPhone 4S since Friday and I love how Siri is making my life easier, and hands-free. However, what's troubling me is that when I use Siri to send or reply to my friend using SMS, I can't figure out how to add commas and periods.

This makes the message looks odd, and Siri doesn't allow direct editing on the message either (at least I haven't found out).

Is there a way to add punctuations while sending a message using Siri?

Thanks!

Your loving nephew,

William

Dear William,

Just dictate the punctuation you want to use. For example, you might say:

Message Aunt TUAW. Hey comma cap Auntie exclamation point. How are you doing question mark. I asterisk really asterisk love this whole punctuation thing full stop. Love comma William

Hope this helps!

Hugs,

Auntie T.

Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me use punctuation with Siri originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/20/dear-aunt-tuaw-help-me-use-punctuation-with-siri/

Moon Bloodgood Mýa Nadine Velazquez Naomi Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment